Looking to Return to Employment in a Supervisory or Managerial Position?
LevelUp is a 12-week, full-time, intensive and interactive supervisory skills program designed to help those who have past work experience level up into a management or supervisory position. LevelUp helps participants develop the necessary leadership skills and strategies to succeed in finding and maintaining managerial and supervisory positions.
The program consists of four learning stages, each with a focus on leadership skills - they include:
- Introduction to Supervision
- Leadership Styles
- Personal Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Delegation Skills
- Effective Workplace Communication
- Dealing with Workplace Conflict
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Change Management
- Leadership Skills
Leading in Business
- Employment Standards
- HR Essentials
- Leading in a Diverse Workplace
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Networking & Informational Interviewing
- Job Applications, Resumes and Cover Letters
- Interview Skills
- Job Search Planning
- Preparing for a Successful Work Experience
Participants will participate in a two-week work experience placement that allows them to demonstrate their skills and work ethic. Following the work experience placement, participants receive advanced job search support. Once the program is complete, participants will benefit from working with LevelUp staff for additional 6-months of follow-up services to identify and address any concerns and assist them to level up in their jobs.
Who Can Participate?
To qualify for our services, you:
- Are currently unemployed and are receiving EI or,
- Have had an active EI claim within the last 5 years or,
- May be receiving income support or financially able to support yourself while in the program and,
- Have 3-5 years work experience
- Are willing and able to work full-time upon completion of the program
- Live in Alberta and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are 18 years of age or older
Other eligibility requirements may apply; apply today to see if you are eligible.